Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Peace From Putrajaya



The Perdana Global Peace Panel Session got off to a good start today. I am currently blogging from the Perdana Leadership Foundation building in Putrajaya, trapped inside a long sleeve batik shirt.

Five of the esteemed speakers from last year's forum (which I also attended) are reconvening. The recurring theme is "Criminalise War. Stop World War IV" and it is chaired by Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad.

I leave the in-depth coverage and commentary in the good hands of fellow bloggers who are following the proceedings up-close.

For me, it offers another brief but opportune glance into the global peace movement. It is also a chance to network with the handful of bloggers specially invited to participate in today's closed door session.

Some may say it is ironic to have a combative leader pursuing peace. Others may contend that the quest for total nuclear disarmament necessitates an outspoken torchbearer.

Whichever the case may be, I hope the underlying and important message against war will not be sidelined.

I have to take leave early as I'm heading across the straight bridge to the annual Broadcast Asia & Communic Asia Exhibition & Conference in Singapore. Peace.

No comments: