Friday, June 02, 2006

Cindy Yeap Live at NBT

My dear friend, the lovely soprano Cindy Yeap performed at No Black Tie last night. Together with tenor Tan Wei Han, baritone Fuad Ahmad and (surprise!) NBT boss Evelyn on piano, it added up a superb show.

Yes; imagine classical art songs and arias from operas at a jazz club. The second set was more palatable (for me) with songs from musicals including my favourite "On The Street Where You Live" (from My Fair Lady):

And oh! The towering feeling
Just to know somehow you are near.
The overpowering feeling
That any second you may suddenly appear!

People stop and stare. They don't bother me...

Halfway through that song, I suddenly realised in today's context, this song may well be the stalker's anthem...

The accomplished
trio will be back on 17th June (Mozart Night) and 1st July (Opera Night).

No Black Tie
17 Jalan Mesui
50200 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03 2142 3737



Captivating Cindy on stage


With fellow singer Janet Lee


True to her "down-to-earth diva" image, we went mamak after her show

No comments: